24 August 2006

6. reality and truth

This is the English translation of “Realität und Wahrheit” posted at 23. July 2006 on this blog.

What’s about reality? What is real and what is unreal? Is that what happens real or is all what happens real. Usually all things that happen and those we perceive as things that happen is reality for us. You can watch the news in television and perceive the content of the news – so you take it for real. In German language you can distinguish between different types of reality. You can use the word “Realität” which have the same meaning as the English word reality. But you can use instead of “Realität” the word “Wirklichkeit”. What’s the difference? “Wirklichkeit” means something like: the room where things take effect! So I want now change the word Reality, which is very abstract and can mean anything, by the word effect. The reality that we can perceive is only the reality that takes effect on our environment and us. So kick off the word reality and use the word effect! Thus everybody has his own effect (reality) that is assembled by all things that

1. he perceive – what means all that what he can take entirely with his inner and outer senses

2. and the effects that follows the perception in 1.

For example if I put my hand on a hot plate, then I perceive or realize the heat on the plate. My sense in my hand perceives the heat. In the same moment I watch, how I put my hand on the hot plate. I can link my visual perception with the heat I fell in my hand. These two perceptions the third perception of pain follows. All three perceptions stay in relation to each other and construct the whole effects that take effect on me. The effect of this is that I take my hand quickly away from the hot plate. This last action completes a part of my reality, a part of my effect. All the things, the plate, my hand, the heat in my hand, the pain, that I see my hand and the relations between this things crate a construct of effect that is part of my personal effect or reality.

If a person observe the situation described above, than he use his visual and auditive senses to perceive the situation. In this moment he will be cause by his perception and will take effect. So he will become part of my effect and I become part of his effect. We share realities or effects!

All causes and effects we are part of and we perceive in conscious or unconscious way is our reality and our truth! Anything we perceive is true for us, because we cannot make our perception undone! So not only our reality is our personal reality, similar the truth is personal truth!

Reality is our personal reality that was assembled of all the things, causes and effects that take an effect on us and we take effect on it.

Everybody do this in the described way. Nobody can do it in an other way. So if you meet somebody, who tells you the he knows what is “THE REALITY” or/and “THE TRUTH” that works for everybody and is the same for everybody, don’t believe him - he is a liar.

No comments: